Highlights:River Dart Cruise, Dartmouth & Paignton Steam Railway, Paignton, Dartmouth, South Devon Steam Railway, Plymouth Harbour Cruise, Plymouth
Justifiably known as the ‘English Riviera’, beautiful Torbay is one of our favourite holiday areas. Torquay is the premier resort, with exotic gardens, palm trees, and terraces of hotels above the harbour and marina. From here, all the attractions of the Torbay area are easily reached, and on this special tour we include four of the most popular highlights - two train rides on preserved steam railways and cruises
on the River Dart and the River Tamar - whilst also seeing the best of the coast and countryside.
FULL DAY: This morning we head for nearby Paignton, where we board our train on the former Great Western branch line which takes us along the coast past Goodrington Sands and alongside the River Dart Estuary to Kingswear. Here we take the passenger ferry across the river to the seafaring port of Dartmouth, with its imposing Royal Naval College, to board our river cruise. Sit back and enjoy the wonderful scenery – wooded slopes, secret creeks and enviable houses dotted along the banks of the River Dart.
FULL DAY: This morning we drive to the great port of Plymouth where there is time to explore as well as enjoying a cruise across Plymouth Sound, past the Hoe and famous Drakes Island to the River Tamar where warships can often be seen at anchor. This afternoon we take a superb ride on the South Devon Railway. It is one of the longest established steam railways in the south west, operating along seven stunning miles of the Dart Valley between Buckfastleigh and Totnes.
FREE DAY TO EXPLORE: Discover the many delights of Torquay on this free day in resort, from the far reaching seafront and charming harbour, to the bustling town centre.
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accommodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer
For details on your pick up arrangements please click here.
Victoria Hotel Torquay
Located around half a mile to the town centre and a downhill stroll to the seafront, this majestic hotel, part of the TLH Leisure Resort, has access to great facilities including indoor and outdoor pools and nightly entertainment across the resorts hotels.
★★★ (Visit England)
- Glass domed restaurant, bars, entertainment lounges across the resort, two ballrooms
- En-suite bedrooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor (seasonal) pools, gym, spa
- Buffet breakfast and buffet dinner plus tea or coffee
- Nightly entertainment across complex
Burlington Hotel Torquay
The Burlington is a comfortable, family-run hotel close to the town centre and harbour.
- Restaurant, bar, lounge
- En-suite bedrooms
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee
- Nightly entertainment
- No lift but ground and first floor bedrooms available