Terms and Conditions - Bakers Coaches
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully.YOUR CONTRACT WITH US
1. YOU PAY FULL PAYMENT when booking your holiday with an agent. You must complete a booking form accepting on behalf of all your party the terms of this Fair Trading Agreement . All monies paid to your Travel Agent are held by them on your behalf until you receive our confirmation. Thereafter the travel agent holds the monies on our behalf.
2. HOLIDAY INSURANCE. It is a condition of your contract with us that you should take out insurance to cover you in the event of illness, personal injury or death during the course of your holiday. We recommend that you take out our insurance details of which are contained in this brochure on page 18 but you may choose to take an alternative insurance cover in which case the policy number and insurance company must be entered on the booking form.
3. YOU PAY THE BALANCE. The balance of the holiday cost must be paid to the office at which you made the booking at least 4 weeks before the holiday departure date. If you book within the applicable balance due period you must pay the full holiday cost at the time of booking. If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday, retain your deposit and apply the cancellation charges set out in paragraph 5 "If You Cancel Your Holiday."
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING. If after our confirmation has been issued you wish to change to another of our holidays or change departure date we will do our utmost to make the changes provided that written notification is received at our offices from the person who signed the Booking Form or their Travel Agent not later than the date on which the balance of the original holiday cost was due for payment. This must be accompanied by a payment of Â£15 to cover administration costs. Any alteration other than those set out hereafter made by you later than the original balance due date will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and will be subject to the cancellation charges set out below. Other alterations such as the addition of requests change of pick up point or name change that require a reconfirmation to be issued must be notified & accompanied by payment of Â£5 to cover administration costs.
5. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY. You or any members of your party may cancel your holiday at any time provided that the cancellation is made by the person signing the booking form and is communicated to us in writing via the office at which you made your booking. As this incurs administrative costs we will retain your deposit and in addition apply cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below:
Period before departure within written cancellation is received / Amount of cancellation charge as % of notice of holiday price: More than 28 days/ Deposit; 28 to 15 days / 45%; 14 to 08 days/ 60%; 07 to 01 days / 90%; Departure date or after / 100%. Note: You may be able to reclaim this charges if the reason for the cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy.
6. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT. If you have a complaint during your holiday please inform our driver/courier, representative or the hotelier who will do his/her utmost to resolve the problem immediately. If the matter cannot be put right on the spot you should telephone us on (01782) 522101 as soon as possible at the head office with details of your complaint. On your return from holiday you should then write within 28 days to the Tours Manager, Bakers Holidays, Spring Grove, Congleton Road, Biddulph, Stoke on Trent, ST8 7RQ. You must quote your booking reference, destination, and departure date. Failure to establish your complaint immediately in accordance with the above procedure may affect the outcome of it.
7. STATUTORY AUTHORITIES. This brochure is issued subject to applicable Acts of Parliament and Government Regulations and the company reserves the right to modify itineraries to conform with requests from the competent authorities in the United Kingdom and any other sovereign state through which the tours run.
8. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE. When you travel on a ship the conditions of carriage of that carrier apply and are subject to national and international conditions which may limit or exclude liability. Your contract made under the terms of this Fair Trading Agreement is subject to English law and jurisdiction. Some coach journeys may be operated by vehicles other than those owned by Bakers Coaches and the specification may be different to that detailed in this brochure. The Public Service Vehicle (Conduct of Drivers Conductors & Passengers) Regulations as amended 1990 apply to all coaches throughout any holiday in the UK.
9. OTHER TERMS. On holiday you may not: (a) bring a pet or any other animal (other than Guide Dogs in the UK and Eire only by arrangement). (b) Play a radio or cassette player on a coach. Bakers holidays reserves the right to refuse a booking or terminate a client's holiday in the event of unreasonable conduct which in our opinion is likely to cause damage, distress, danger, or annoyance to other clients, employees, property, or to any third party. If you are prevented from travelling or continuing your holiday by such a termination Bakers Holidays' responsibility for your holiday thereupon ceases. Full cancellation charges will apply and we will be under no obligation for any refund, compensation, or loss that you may incur. You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point at the correct time and we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by passengers because of their late arrival at any departure point. Excursions are included in the price of most holidays and refunds cannot be made for passengers not wishing to go on these excursions. Admission fees
to buildings, grounds, use of guides etc are not included in the price of
the holiday unless otherwise stated in the brochure.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, click here